Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Book Review: Reign of the Fallen


"Reign of the Fallen" by Sarah Glenn Marsh
5/5 Stars
Publish Date: January 23, 2018

***I received an ARC from Edelweiss for an honest review***

I loved this book so much! Odessa, an orphaned girl, makes her way gaining the respect of nobles through her necromancy magic. She brings the king and royalty back to the land of the living creating a situation where the dead reign. All magic has a cost, and the cost of bringing back the dead is the risk of creating creatures called shades. Shades destroy and have an appetite for the living.

Odessa faces loss after an encounter with one of these terrible creatures. She doesn't know how to face her emotions and only with the aid of potions can she face each new day. Unfortunately, the potions have side effects that make it hard for Odessa to do her job. Then someone comes into her life making her realize it's time to process her feelings.

My heart took so many turns through this story. I related to the characters and enjoyed the voice of the author. Sarah Glenn Marsh delivers with a fresh, sweet perspective. I love the way she expresses the main character's sexuality. I look forward to future titles from this author.

See more of my reviews and friend me on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I get most of my pictures from creative commons. I do not own the copyright to the book images on this site. I copy book images from Goodreads. Because I review these books (which images I use), I deem these photos fair use under the copyright policy as these books are under criticism. For further questions regarding the use of images e-mail me at acpaige14 at gmail dot com. Thank you.