Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Book Review: Uglies


Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Stars 5/5

I am always hesitant to post reviews of things that are:

  1. Older
  2. Already very popular to the millionth degree
  3. Already very popular to the millionth degree
But here we are.

Look at those perfect stars! I really liked this book a lot. I enjoyed the journey, the twists and turns, the love interest—all of it! 

Tally lives in Uglyville, is about to turn 16, and get her wish to turn pretty (as everyone in Uglyville does when they turn 16). However, Tally won't get her wish until she has betrayed her newest friend. Tally is frustrated because she didn't want any part of Shay's new world, but when she gets to know the people Shay told her about and the secrets of New Pretty Town, Tally has a change of heart. There's only one problem, and it's something she was wearing.

After reading the book, I can't wait to get my hands on the next one. Also, I now know that I am a Scott Westerfield fan. I saw that an ARC by Scott Westerfield for the 3rd book in the Zeroes series was available and am now going to have to read the first two. 

So, thanks to Uglies, I am now on the hook to read five more books by Scott Westerfield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I get most of my pictures from creative commons. I do not own the copyright to the book images on this site. I copy book images from Goodreads. Because I review these books (which images I use), I deem these photos fair use under the copyright policy as these books are under criticism. For further questions regarding the use of images e-mail me at acpaige14 at gmail dot com. Thank you.