Monday, December 25, 2017

Book Review: Look Out for the Fitzgerald-Trouts by Esta Spalding


Look Out for the Fitzgerald-Trouts by Esta Spalding
4/5 Stars

I have to say that when I first saw the title and cover of this book I wasn't inclined to want to read it. I am one of those people who judges a book by its cover. Don't get me wrong, I like the art, it's just the subject expectation that comes with the art. The main reason I read this book, is because I'm reviewing it for an award committee. My expectations of this book were meager, and that may be why I was so pleased with it. This book is about a sibling group who's been abandoned by the adults in their lives. They basically have to take care of each other and make sure that they survive.

My favorite part of the book is when the kids are looking for a new home (because they are growing out of the car they live in) and attempt to live in an Ikea-like furniture store and claim their rooms. The characters are great as they watch out for each other and have defined characteristics. The premise of the story is sad, and the adults are total idiots, but the way they take care of one another is heartfelt, even though they don't always get along.

Overall, I really loved the story.

For more of my reviews, follow or friend me on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I get most of my pictures from creative commons. I do not own the copyright to the book images on this site. I copy book images from Goodreads. Because I review these books (which images I use), I deem these photos fair use under the copyright policy as these books are under criticism. For further questions regarding the use of images e-mail me at acpaige14 at gmail dot com. Thank you.