Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Book Review: Turtles All the Way Down


Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
3.7/5

***Possible spoilers***

Aza believes the world will come crashing down at any moment, and c. diff will be the cause. Aza wants so much to think ordinary thoughts, but once the spiral of anxious thoughts start, it's hard to escape them. She ends up putting her life in danger at one point because her fear of microbes is so intense.

While Aza is dealing with anxiety, she is also trying to live her life. It just so happens that her life is quite complicated. She has a bit of a crush on her wealthy friend, Davis, whose dad is on the run from the law. At first Aza and her best friend Daisy try to find clues to earn the bounty for finding Davis' dad, but something changes this. Throughout the story, Aza wonders what the right thing to do is. She hates watching Davis and his younger brother suffer. All the money the brothers have serving them while their dad is away can only do so much.

I think many people can relate to some of Aza's worries, but hers are really to the point of mental illness. I'm glad John Green came out and spoke about these issues through his character. It was interesting to see how anxiety and OCD can be hard on relationships.

I ended up giving the book 3.7 stars because one of the occurrences in the book happens too coincidentally for my mind.

See more of my reviews here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I get most of my pictures from creative commons. I do not own the copyright to the book images on this site. I copy book images from Goodreads. Because I review these books (which images I use), I deem these photos fair use under the copyright policy as these books are under criticism. For further questions regarding the use of images e-mail me at acpaige14 at gmail dot com. Thank you.