Thursday, November 2, 2017

Book Review: Chester and Gus

Chester and GusChester and Gus by Cammie McGovern
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

***I received an ARC from Edelweiss for an honest review***

I loved how sweet this book was. A dog named Chester helps and protects an autistic boy named Gus by letting others know when the boy is having problems. Both Chester and Gus make progress during the story, and they both need each other.

I enjoyed seeing how the relationship and story progressed. I also like how one of the primary characters has special needs, and the author was able to articulate the story so sensitively. At first, I was unsure of the author's choice to write the book in the dog's point of view, but considering the theme, this ended up being a good choice.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I get most of my pictures from creative commons. I do not own the copyright to the book images on this site. I copy book images from Goodreads. Because I review these books (which images I use), I deem these photos fair use under the copyright policy as these books are under criticism. For further questions regarding the use of images e-mail me at acpaige14 at gmail dot com. Thank you.