Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Book Review: Clayton Byrd Goes Underground

Clayton Byrd Goes UndergroundClayton Byrd Goes Underground by Rita Williams-Garcia
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Clayton Byrd loves playing the blues with his Cool Papa. He is talented with the blues harp and doesn't like when people call it a harmonica. Cool Papa typically watches Clayton because his mom works long hours. Cool Papa and Clayton have a beautiful relationship, but Clayton's mom doesn't particularly like the influence the blues might have on her son.

This book is a sweet story about love and acceptance. It is also a story about coping with loss and grief. Highly recommend.
View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I get most of my pictures from creative commons. I do not own the copyright to the book images on this site. I copy book images from Goodreads. Because I review these books (which images I use), I deem these photos fair use under the copyright policy as these books are under criticism. For further questions regarding the use of images e-mail me at acpaige14 at gmail dot com. Thank you.